Please read this important information from the IRS regarding the shutdown.
With the government shutdown, there are still some essential activities that will continue during the shutdown, such as:
• Testing of upcoming Filing Year programs.
• Upcoming Tax Year forms design and printing.
• Electronic returns that are processed systematically up to the point of refunds.
• Processing paper tax returns through batching.
These are some of the activities that will cease until the funds are appropriated for the IRS to continue:
• Guidance on 2017 Tax Act will stop.
• Refunds will not be issued, but the IRS will continue to send acknowledgements.
• Service center processing after the point of batching will not occur.
• Form 1040X Amended Returns will not be processed.
Short-term shutdown (less than 5 days) would have less of an impact on the agency and refund delays.
We will provide updates as we have more information.